Mahjong Australia

Mahjong an ancient tile game This is the first community Mahjong blog in Australia. Please feel free to comment and add your news or Club name & contact, so that people holidaying in your area may contact your club for a game.

Saturday, April 15, 2006

Mahjong Australia


My name is Thora Blyth and I live at Nanango, Queensland, I have wanted to set up an Australian Mahjong site for a long time now but just as I was ready to do it I broke my arm, now it is working reasonably well again so here I am.

I have been playing Mahjong for 10 years now, here in Nanango we have a small club of 11 people, 10 ladies & I brave man, each year we attend a Mahjong Tournament held in different places between Queensland and New South Wales, the tournament is held in August, this year it is being held in Gympie, Queensand, it will start on the 6th August & go until Friday 11th August, on the last night a prize giving dinner is held and there is usually a theme to th dinner, last years theme was "Blue is Beautiful" so everyone dresses in Blue and a great night was has by all.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on your Mahjong site!
    Hi, Mum. I have changed the top image to the Mahjong pies. I hope that you like it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home